Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The A/C in my 2016 Cayenne worked fine until my 100,000 mile service in October 2021. A few days after the service I drove to Durango, CO at 90-100mph. The A/C quit cooling after about 30 minutes and I had a miserable drive up and back. When I got back and reported it, the dealer suggested an A/C service for over $300, which I did and had no problems, until…

I came in for a Major Service last week (May 2022) at 110,000 miles. I left yesterday for Durango. 30 minutes in, the A/C starts going out again, this time at 85-90. Just blowing very hot air. I finally discovered that if I slowed down to 55-65 it would start cooling again. I could go up to 74-77 and it will keep cooling, but over that it starts to fail. It seems directly related to the speed of the car. I observed this very consistently over several episodes.

In both episodes, the problem did not start until after 30-45 minutes of sustained high speed driving.

I made several similar high speed trips between January 2016 and October 2021 with the cruise set on 99 and had zero A/C problems.

Now, I can drive 74 and stay comfortable (for now), but that kind of defeats the purpose of driving a Porsche.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The A/C in my 2016 Cayenne worked fine until my 100,000 mile service in October 2021. A few days after the service I drove to Durango, CO at 90-100mph. The A/C quit cooling after about 30 minutes and I had a miserable drive up and back. When I got back and reported it, the dealer suggested an A/C service for over $300, which I did and had no problems, until…

I came in for a Major Service last week (May 2022) at 110,000 miles. I left yesterday for Durango. 30 minutes in, the A/C starts going out again, this time at 85-90. Just blowing very hot air. I finally discovered that if I slowed down to 55-65 it would start cooling again. I could go up to 74-77 and it will keep cooling, but over that it starts to fail. It seems directly related to the speed of the car. I observed this very consistently over several episodes.

In both episodes, the problem did not start until after 30-45 minutes of sustained high speed driving.

I made several similar high speed trips between January 2016 and October 2021 with the cruise set on 99 and had zero A/C problems.

Now, I can drive 74 and stay comfortable (for now), but that kind of defeats the purpose of driving a Porsche.

Any ideas?
Check the air control vanes in front of the radiator. They open and close depending on the coolant temperature. If the servo motor that controls the vanes has failed, the vanes stay closed no matter the temperature and, if it's hot enough, the A/C will stop working temporarily.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts