Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
* UPDATE *
After everyone's insightful comments I decided to do my due diligence before spending so much money especially after concerns raised here. I requested the VIN number from the owner and started by searching on vin report for any historical records that could shine light into its past. To my surprise, I saw photos after entering the VIN number so my curiosity piqued and I took a bite. Turns out a $15.00 report saved me $7,700 and some change to be exact. Funny enough when confronting the seller about it he literally stopped responding to my texts and calls. I couldn’t have been happier overall and will take car buying a lot more cautiously after this close experience.

Report Link: Get Instant Vehicle History Report

Hello, I consider it a great privilege to be amongst Porsche Cayenne users and enthusiasts! I look forward to learning and contributing to this Cayenne forum,
In the meantime, I found this 2014 Porsche Cayenne. It has been my dream to own it, and I think I just found a perfect opportunity to make that happen.

They are asking for the price of $25,000 and it has 123500 miles with a Salvage Title.
If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light

Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Gear shift

·
Administrator
147 Posts
You've provided us with some pretty pictures, but absolutely nothing to base an intelligent answer on.

Big question - WHY does it have a salvage title? If the photos are current it doesn't appear to be physical damage. Was it a flood car?

What model is it? It looks like it could be a GTS or Turbo..Ah - I see Turbo on the doorsill.

And a final word of wisdom: "An inexpensive used German luxury car can be the most expensive car you'll ever own.." that goes in spades for one that you're buying with issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
* UPDATE *
After everyone's insightful comments I decided to do my due diligence before spending so much money especially after concerns raised here. I requested the VIN number from the owner and started by searching on vin report for any historical records that could shine light into its past. To my surprise, I saw photos after entering the VIN number so my curiosity piqued and I took a bite. Turns out a $15.00 report saved me $7,700 and some change to be exact. Funny enough when confronting the seller about it he literally stopped responding to my texts and calls. I couldn’t have been happier overall and will take car buying a lot more cautiously after this close experience.

Report Link: Get Instant Vehicle History Report
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Administrator
147 Posts
Thanks for getting back to us with the info on the car.. it looks like it's had at least 2 accidents, one rear, and one front, and both times it was totaled and had a salvage title applied to it, and both times it was fixed. They did a good job of making it look pretty, but that car is one that's going to cost someone a lot of money after buying it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts