Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving on a long trip with extremely high outside temperatures (110 to 115). The A/C was working great - keeping the car cool without being on the highest settling. I stopped for fuel and shut the engine off for the few minutes it took to do this. When I started the car again the A/C did not work. No noise or other indication of a problem. When I switch to max A/C the radiator fan immediatly speeds up making me believe the controls are sending the signals to the unit (as opposed to some control fault). Anybody else have this happen? Any insights would be helpful. Thanks. BTW - the car is a 2013 Cayenne diesel with 148K miles on it. THANKS!

·
Registered
10 Posts
If your condenser line is not getting hot and your A/C is not cold inside. Either you have a leak of freon so there is no gas to compress. Or your A/C compressor gave out giving no compression. A shop should be able to put meter on your gas port to check your static pressure and running pressure. I would start there.

Other causes can be A/C relay failure so the compressor won't engage. You could also check the fuses for the A/C. There could be a chance the fuse over the years of heating and cooling it popped. If replacing the fuse and it keeps popping there's something wrong cause the fuse to go. Best of luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got the car back from the shop. I was the compressor. I wished I had the where-with-all to do it myself. I realize that checking the static pressures was the place to start. I could have probably changed out the compressor but was unsure about recharging it. The shop put an aftermarket compressor in. All up it cost $1625.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts