Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Apple CarPlay on the Porsche is wireless or does it require the phone to be plugged into the USB? I know on most cars up through 2018 and 2019 models it wired, but on some of the newer Porsche models they have moved to wireless. Given the Porsche's wireless charging pad, would be great if CarPlay was wireless too....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know if the Apple CarPlay on the Porsche is wireless or does it require the phone to be plugged into the USB? I know on most cars up through 2018 and 2019 models it wired, but on some of the newer Porsche models they have moved to wireless. Given the Porsche's wireless charging pad, would be great if CarPlay was wireless too....
Our 2021 Cayenne works with or without wireless. However, it works more reliably (less buggy) through the USB cord.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have wireless CarPlay in my other vehicles and I love it and am hooked on it because it's convenient not to have to take my phone out of my pocket every time I get in and out of my car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our 2021 Cayenne works with or without wireless. However, it works more reliably (less buggy) through the USB cord.
The difference between wired Carplay and wireless Carplay:
Wired Carplay has the same function as wireless Carplay, but the main difference is the way of connecting to the mobile phone.The wireless version of CarPlay is dual-connected to the mobile phone through Bluetooth verification and wifi transmission. It automatically connects to the mobile phone when you get on the car. At the same time, it does not affect the mobile phone’s connection to the original car’s Bluetooth. Way;The wired version of carpaly is used by connecting the data cable to the mobile phone through the USB port provided with the module, and supports the mobile phone to be charged at the same time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts