Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just bought a 2013 cayenne diesel with only 15k miles and i had a set of winter tires put on my stock wheels but now thats its getting close to summer i need to switch my tires. well i bought a second set of wheels, a set of deluxe design 22s that came off a cayenne. So i figured they where ok to put on my cayenne but i just called my dealership to ask the best size of tire to put on and they said 22s were BAD and were not porsche certified. I really like these wheels but i don't want to jeopardize my warranty on my new car. What do you guys think? Can i ride 22s safely. Im also looking for some thick tires to go with this wheels so i don't screw them up on the pot holes here in colorado.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't see a problem with 22's. What the dealer probably meant to say to you was that there are no 22" N-Rated (Porsche certified) tires, which is true. I don't believe changing to 22" will void your warranty.

As you have found out, going bigger in rims means tires with less side wall. I suggest you check out tire rack to see what tires are available to you. One advantage of going up in rim size is that tires are substantially cheaper.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what i figured with the porsche certified wheels / tires but i wanted to get a few opinions. This was a expensive purchase for me and i really don't want to **** my car up and void my warranty some how. Does anyone know the widest sidewall all wheel tire i could use for my new 22s. I do live in the colorado mtns and there are pot holes here and there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
For 22"s, you'll be looking for 285/35/22 or 295/30/22.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The sidewall number is the second number. If you want a higher sidewall then you would go with 285/35/22. The reason I mentioned the 295/30/22 is that I have heard good things about the Michelin Diamaris tires (summer tire only), which don't come in the higher sidewall specs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also i forgot to mention. I bought this diesel so i could also use it for towing my rally cross STi. I shouldn't lose any towing power or anything like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Usually with larger rims/wheels, there is an increase in weight - there are some forged wheels that are lighter than OEMs. With the increased weight of the wheels, you might see a slight drop in acceleration/torque due to the increase in unsprung weight. I don't think it's anything to hamper your towing abilities though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts