Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use my new KIA Sportage AWD as a daily car . I dont use my Cayenne GTS much stays parked most time but I run engine almost daily . lately notice when starting its slow can feel low battery. when I run engine for 5 or 10 mins every day does that charge battery ?? or car needs be driven??:confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just had recent full service in local Porsche dealer in july and I dont use it much once twice a month . do Porsche's have the battery draining issue if left for days without starting or driving???

·
Registered
116 Posts
There is a constant and unavoidable drain for minor accessories like the clock running, plus that needed to protect computer module memories. Plus, the act of running the car for 5-10 min/day likely doesn't replace more than the amperage expended to start it in the first place. If that. So if anything, you're wasting fuel. Given that you only drive it 2x/month, I recommend a trickle charger. They're also referred to as battery tenders. Some plug into a cigarette lighter receptacle, some connect to battery posts. For the latter type, the remote battery posts under the hood come in handy.

·
Registered
154 Posts
There is a constant and unavoidable drain for minor accessories like the clock running, plus that needed to protect computer module memories. Plus, the act of running the car for 5-10 min/day likely doesn't replace more than the amperage expended to start it in the first place. If that. So if anything, you're wasting fuel. Given that you only drive it 2x/month, I recommend a trickle charger. They're also referred to as battery tenders. Some plug into a cigarette lighter receptacle, some connect to battery posts. For the latter type, the remote battery posts under the hood come in handy.
Best advice here.

I would suggest you get the one that connects to your battery since you can just connect the remote battery posts and leave the end that connects to the trickle charger hanging down, poking out the bottom of the bumper or poking through the grille.

Then it's just an easy plug and play without going in/out the vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
drained battery

i ruined the battery in my boxter s doing what u do. i rarely drove it but would start it once a week . the repeated cold starts and insufficient load from driving is not enought to recharge the batt. not only bad for the battery but the repeated cold starts without driving is nothurning off the moisture in the engine and is not good for it. good luck - happy motoring!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I ended up getting one of these: Battery Charger Mag Hookup No more backing out of the garage dragging the battery tender in front of me. But I don't need it any more. Porsche eventually admitted my battery was bad from the factory, and replaced it under warranty. New battery doesn't need topping up between uses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts