Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at getting into a 9PA Cayenne for a while now to complement my other two cars (a BMW 330i and M6) as something I can take on gravel roads and even off road to explore the beautiful state that I live in (Tasmania, Australia).

Having come from the world of BMW I've been using their factory software ISTA and the aftermarket software INPA to run diagnostics, testing, programming, etc on the cars and would feel naked without having the capability to do this on a Cayenne if I get one.
My question is, what options are available for the (specifically 9PA) Cayenne? Do Porsche have a factory software package that is obtainable or are you restricted to the use of aftermarket scanners and such to pull codes etc?

TIA

·
Administrator
90 Posts
There is a factory tool = PIWIS. Costs $15k/annual rental in the US. Clones are sold on the web for around $800 or so. There are lots of aftermarket scanners with specific Porsche software that will work with a 9PA.

Reactions: TassieCayenne

·
Registered
21 Posts
Since I, too, am an owner of both, BMW ('03 540i M-sport) and Cayenne 955, I can tell you that the same inexpensive (free!) software options we have for BMW are unavailable for Porsche fmr. I finally pulled the trigger on the fairly expensive Durametric software for the '06 PorC. The basic software is sufficient but if you want to code, it will cost you more. Aftermarket scanners will not work properly on the PorC fme so you're almost "forced" to get the Durametric option vs. Porsche's OEM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, sounds like Porsche isn't quite as simple as BMW in this regard. I probably won't be doing any coding, just diagnostics and maybe things like actuating various components via the software/scanner to perform tests, etc.

Do you reckon I'm best off with an aftermarket scanner? If so, do you have any recommendations that are specifically better for Porsche?

TIA

·
Administrator
90 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys, sounds like Porsche isn't quite as simple as BMW in this regard. I probably won't be doing any coding, just diagnostics and maybe things like actuating various components via the software/scanner to perform tests, etc.

Do you reckon I'm best off with an aftermarket scanner? If so, do you have any recommendations that are specifically better for Porsche?

TIA
Foxwell NT530, around $160 USD with the Porsche software module.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts