Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2016 Cayenne S e-hybrid (in the UK) and am seeking a good quality boot liner.

I found one I like but the boot liner manufacturer advised:

"This boot liner will NOT fit if you have a speaker in the left hand side panel"

I have the BOSE system so I do have a speaker in the left hand panel in the boot, so my questions are:

1) Does anyone know why the cover would not fit ? I think there might be a recess in the left hand boot panel for models with standard sound system ?
2) Can anyone recommend an alternative boot liner in the UK ?

Many thanks, Rob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Rob,

Came here to find some comparable info on Cayennes for my V8 Touareg and saw your post. So my reply is my first post!

Ebay in Australia has a few boot liners. I recently got one for my vehicle but the seller has run out of stock for both Touareg and Cayenne so I looked around and found a couple from UK sellers. Presumably you could get to the item via ebay UK but if not, got to them on the Aus site.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Oz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Oz. I’m looking for a full liner that covers the sides and seat backs as well as the boot floor. The one I liked is this one - but the seller says it doesn’t fit models with the speaker in the rear left of the boot (which mine has). I’m not sure why it doesn’t fit; I think there might be a recess for models without the speaker - and so presume the left side of the liner is designed to fit inside the recess, hence not fitting well if the car is fitted with rear speaker (and therefore no recess).

I guess my question is:

For cayennes without the rear speaker on the boot, is there a recess / small storage area ? I presume this is why the liner customised for the Cayenne would not fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
G'Day Rob,

I'll presume the cargo area of the Touareg is the same as the Cayenne, including the subwoofer option, in which case yes, if you don't have the speaker then there is a little open storage compartment in the relief.

That said, and now I understand you're looking for a full cover not just a mat, here's a couple:

UK Supplier - not "custom" to the level of your pic but would do the job:

UK Supplier - again not as nice as your chosen example but perhaps more customisable than the above:

AU Supplier - similar to your example - 2nd pic shows the relief to the left rear BUT as the ad states it's a custom item, perhaps they could do a delete on the relief and make you one to suit your car (including the flip out section), including colour and stitching options:

All else failing, you could get the one you've shown and get the relief taken out by a tailor. More $$$ but gets you there in the end.

Hope that helps you closer to (or right to) your solution.

Cheers,
Oz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts