Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to the forum and looking for some advice.

I would like to buy a Cayenne but am unsure of which one to go for. I'm not really bothered about fuel economy as we use the car little, but want to get the right car/engine.

I hear the Nikasil coated engines are a better option but don't know when they started or in which model.

I have also seen a number of engine faults on the V8's, is the V6 a safer option?

Any advice would be much appreciated, my budget is around 15,000 euros ($17k) I live in Germany.

Regards

Joel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can't comment on anything but the 4.5L and 4.8L Turbo. Drove the 4.L 137K with no problems except the coolant pipes failed. No other issues and it ALWAYS started immediately in all weather.
My '13 is even better, no problems period! Improved suspension, better handling and more POWER.
Nicest exhaust note of all my Porsches. Have two others. The '13 Cayenne Turbo pulls hard and smooth and is absolutely crazy fast. I wouldn't consider any other Cayenne model. All of them get about the same fuel economy but the air suspension standard on the Turbo can't be beat. I drive mine every day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.