Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to find some information online about adding Apple CarPlay to my 2016 base Cayenne...can't seem to find anyone that sells it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can hook up my iPhone and play music through that, i'm looking for the Apple CarPlay

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can hook up my iPhone and play music through that, i'm looking for the Apple CarPlay
Hi raim212,

We too have a 2016 Base which does not offer Apple CarPlay. I believe the only way this is going to be possible would be for you to swap out the head unit with one that has Carplay. I recommend going to Crutchfield: Car Stereo and Audio, Speakers, Home Theater, Pro Audio, TVs and use their "Find what fits your vehicle tool". It will find all the units that are compatible and then you can filter on those that offer Carplay. We don't use the car all that much and may sell it but if I were keeping it I would probably swap out the unit as the stock one leaves a lot to be desired.

Good luck my friend.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi raim212,

We too have a 2016 Base which does not offer Apple CarPlay. I believe the only way this is going to be possible would be for you to swap out the head unit with one that has Carplay. I recommend going to Crutchfield: Car Stereo and Audio, Speakers, Home Theater, Pro Audio, TVs and use their "Find what fits your vehicle tool". It will find all the units that are compatible and then you can filter on those that offer Carplay. We don't use the car all that much and may sell it but if I were keeping it I would probably swap out the unit as the stock one leaves a lot to be desired.

Good luck my friend.
Does Crutchfield do the installation so that steering wheel controls are maintained? I am looking for a car stereo shop with experience on Porsche vehicles. So far, I have not had any luck. There are a number of Chinese sites that sell video input modules that supposedly convert the original unit to one that accepts backup camera, car play and other feature. I do not want to take a chance with them unless a local audio shop with experience does it. I watched some videos, but it is beyond my DIY capabilities. I something goes wrong, my wife might kill me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does Crutchfield do the installation so that steering wheel controls are maintained? I am looking for a car stereo shop with experience on Porsche vehicles. So far, I have not had any luck. There are a number of Chinese sites that sell video input modules that supposedly convert the original unit to one that accepts backup camera, car play and other feature. I do not want to take a chance with them unless a local audio shop with experience does it. I watched some videos, but it is beyond my DIY capabilities. I something goes wrong, my wife might kill me.
Crutctfield is just a retailer. However you can take it to any local car audio installer in your area to do all the work and they’ll hook it up to your steering wheel. Even your dealer will do it but at a premium of course. Good luck.

·
Registered
2014 Cayenne GTS, Soul Performance Cat-Deletes, GTA Apple Car Play Kit, BCForged EH175 on order.
18 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts