1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i just got my cayenne 2016 last July...
unfortunately, there is no connect package in the car
i was wondering if i can get to interact my iPhone with the car, beside blue tooth phone calls and msg sync
can i get car play? maps from phone? any other apps or options? it sounds ridiculous when other cars that r not as big as Porsche do so many things with the phone and yet mine does not...
any ideas? or suggestions?
is there any update to PCM that makes it smarter? anyhow
thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've responded to your post re AHA - Porsche have always been behind the curve with their blue tooth. Early 2000's it was not even an option, even on 911's, 3rd party kit was the only way to do it. Their argument was they built cars for the driving and performance experience, not sound systems!! Okay Cayennes are a bit different, but did you not have to specify either the mobile phone preparation or telephone option? As standard without either option i don't think you can even connect a phone - a lot cheaper cars and makers are giving bluetooth as standard. After a while you get used to the world of Porsche.

The short answer to your question is as far as I know add the Online services option and you can use AHA (and with an iPhone thats through a cable) other than that you can make calls and play some music off the iPhone, read texts, but thats as far as it goes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts