Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this product on an article from a tech blog and ordered it with low expectation. If it wasn’t going to work excellently, it was going back immediately. But unexpectedly, by god it really does work!
I plugged it in to the USB port in the console between seats. It took all of 30 seconds to set it up and check for updates. I turned my car off and on 3 times to test connection. It connected pretty fast every time and it worked well. Knob and steering wheel control both work just the same as wired CarPlay. There is about 1 to 2 seconds of delay on the audio side but that’s totally fine. I must say it works great! By the time car boots up, it can jump straight into CarPlay automatically and work flawlessly. Didn’t expect it to be faster than plugging in a wire and I am pleasantly surprised by this!
I can quickly switch between CarPlay and the original car system, its connection speed I really love. Plug and play, the setup is easy and the re-connection is pretty fast. It not only supports CarPlay but also supports Android Auto. It also supports online upgrades. Best of all, the adapter can also charge my phone! This is really convenient!!! I am quite satisfied with this adapter.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Trip computer Automotive design

After enjoying the convenience of wireless carplay, I would no longer switch to wired carplay. I absolutely love that I no long need to take my phone out of my pocket in order to listen to music, or get directions. lol. Facetimed a fellow friend and he watched it connect; he immediately ordered one. ha! If you are interested and need, you can try it. I recommend this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Who told you that? This adapter not only supports iPhone, but also supports Android phones.
Version 3.0 support Iphone only Vetsion 4.0 supports AA and Iphone...so in a way you are both right. He should make sure to get 4.0 if AA is his goal.

Btw how happy are you with the quality of connection? Does it bug much in any situation?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Version 3.0 support Iphone only Vetsion 4.0 supports AA and Iphone...so in a way you are both right. He should make sure to get 4.0 if AA is his goal.

Btw how happy are you with the quality of connection? Does it bug much in any situation?
I am using version 4.0. There is no delay in listening to songs and using navigation, but there is a delay when switching songs, about less than 1 second, which is not very obvious. However, this does not affect normal use. Overall, this adapter is worthy and the performance is still OK.

·
Registered
2019 cayenne 3.0T
1 Posts
My charger port was starting to come loose. Got this carlinkit4.0 and now I’m wireless and only use my charger cord on long trips. It’s going to save my phone from having to be repaired or replaced too early!😄

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am using version 4.0. There is no delay in listening to songs and using navigation, but there is a delay when switching songs, about less than 1 second, which is not very obvious. However, this does not affect normal use. Overall, this adapter is worthy and the performance is still OK.
Yeah I have enabled AA in my car that did not have AA (those that ordered cars in 22 have it of course), and I do not need this adapter to have AA (build 21) only you must plug the usb cable for AA to pops up. Car did have CarPlay enabled by deffo ...just not sure if wireless is something I need 🤔

·
Registered
2 Posts
For wired system, the phone must be plugged into the USB port for CarPlay to work. So Wireless CarPlay would be very convenient. I purchased a carlinkit 4.0 CarPlay adapter, it's pretty good, no issues so far. I installed it in the center console, so its totally out of view and connects perfectly. With the adapter installed, once car boots up, phone will automatically connect to car. I am happy with my purchase.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts