Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,
I have recently purchased a 2012 Cayenne Hybrid. The car has a sticker price of over $96,000.00 and There is nothing but problems after problems.

1- The transmission has serious issues when driving on 5th gear and 8th gear, when the RPM hits around 1800 the car started to have this low pulsing drone noise. This usually happen around 35-40 MPH and between 70-80mph.
2- when the car warmed up in city driving, you can actually feel like someone bumped you from behind when the car shifts from 3rd gear down to 2nd gear when approaching a stop sign.

I have reported this problem to my dealer Porsche of Fairfield and they have no idea on how to fix this problem other than changing a TCU. After the TCU was replaced it was still doing the same thing.
They reported the problem to PNA district service technician name RON HERRICK and Ron said everything is normal just like other cars, it suppose to make that droning noise.

ARE YOUR F*&king KIDDING ME? I ask them to put it down in writing and so far they have not show me anything yet.

3- On one of the coldest night here in New York, my wife and I went out to a restaurant and as I roll down the window to check my parking, the window gear motor and the actuator broke. We had to cancel dinner and go home while the next day at 18 degree weather I had to drive 65 miles to go back to Porsche of Fairfield with my window down.

There are a only a few things in my life that I regret, buying a Porsche Cayenne Hybrid is definitely on the top of that list.

Please tell your friends, DO NOT BUY A CAYENNE HYBRID and DON'T GET YOUR CAR SERVICE AT PORSCHE OF FAIRFIELD! you don't want to make the same mistake I did.

I have purchased www.cayennehybridsucks.com and will be posting video of this piece of crap soon.
Stay tuned!
Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
4 Posts
****... I mean the issues you have with your Hybrid should be the same as in my car i have a 2013 Turbo... our cars share the same 8 speed ZF gearbox... Maybe your car is a lemon... if so claim lemon law. And if Porsche didn't fix it claim BAR (bereau of automotive repair) they'll fix it... Im sorry man that sucks to hear... hope all goes well... I have an 06 Turbo S as well and neither of them have given me much headaches... maybe go to another porsche dealership and test drive a hybrid and see if it does the same thing. If so its probably a factory defect and if it doenst do it its simply that you were really unlucky and got a lemon...
either way good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 Cayenne Hybrid/ 43,000 miles. NO problems at all. Sweet ride. Smooth. Quiet and very fast. The combination of gas and electric engine under full accelleration is amazing. It's like hitting a nitrous button. You must have a lemon. Claim under state law. Get another one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2012 Cayenne Hybrid that I recently started driving full time after my wife no longer wanted it. 56k miles on the odometer (7k miles under my driving) and we haven't had any of the problems described above (or other problems for that matter). Having given up a 2008 BMW X5 4.8 that I put 136k miles on, here's my impression of the car:

The Porsche is a better overall driver based on the adjustable suspension, smoother at higher speeds and much easier around town with a lot less steering wheel effort required. The BMW cornering and balance was better with less body lean, but I'm starting to wonder if the weight distribution difference between the hyrbid and non-hyrbid models may be partially to blame; the 600 pound battery pack and electric motor weight distribution throwing things off a bit. I just replaced the factory installed summer tires (Continental CrossContact UHPs) with the new Porsche approved Pirelli P Zeros and that was a major improvement.

What has really blown me away is the gas mileage difference. I had a long term average in the BMW of 15.8mpg, and 7k miles into the Hybrid I'm averaging 24.5mpg! Even when I drive for fun (petal to the metal) I'm still getting 19.5mpg or better! On a recent 78 mile trip into New York City from Connecticut, with about 20 minutes of stop and go, I was able to hit an all time high of 28.7mpg! I'm willing to bet that the new 2015 Hybrid with the extra 40hp in the electric motor could stretch those numbers even further since there are many times when I could use just a little more electric HP to hold speed but the gasoline engine kicks in.

The seemless integration of the electric and gasoline engines is so smooth. I've had a number of service loaners (when I had the BMW) or rental cars with gasoline only engines with the "Auto Start/Stop" functionality, and you always feel the gas engine turning off and on. Not in the hybrid.

While I was initially a little peeved that my wife wanted to abandon the Porsche after two years, and just when it was my time to pick out something new, I have been pleasantly surprised how enjoyable this car has been.

My only real complaints are minor - the wind buffeting noise from driving with the sunroof open at 40-50mph (solved by opening the rear windows), and the inability of the car to remember that I turned the car off with the radio in the off position. I've checked all the option screens and haven't found something to change that. Any suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts