Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I recently bought a 2019 Cayenne Base, services to date, one owner, 55k miles, and I've been noticing a 'buzzing' sound coming from the engine whenever the engine is idling, at 0 mph, in drive, and in Normal mode. Whenever I turn on Sport mode, the buzzing goes away and the engine becomes relatively quiet again. However, when I press Normal again, I can hear the same buzzing sound comes again, as if the car was running louder than normal. The buzzing sound goes away completely when I accelerate; it accelerates as expected. The sound really is only noticeable at stop signs, red lights, etc.

Any idea if this should be a concern, and if so, what could cause this? I remember renting a 2016 Cayenne Base on Turo a while ago, and I experienced a similar sound when in Drive and at red lights. I didn't think much of it then, though.

PS: I haven't driven much since purchasing the car and I went over the inspection codes with the mechanic prior to the purchase. There wasn't anything concerning at that time.

· Administrator
185 Posts
I'd suggest a visit to Harbor Freight for their mechanic's stethoscope ($3.99 regular price, frequently on sale) and use it with the engine running to isolate and locate the source of the buzz. Once you have it - perhaps take a photo - and get back to us..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts