Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

My wife's 2006 Cayenne S has a check engine light on with code P2229-Cooling System Performance - implausible signal from Durametric software. Through my research I only found "P2229- barometric pressure sensor high voltage" and "P2181-thermostat stuck open" so I am a bit confused as to what this code is telling me...if I reset the DTC, it will come back on if I drive on the highway for about 15-20 minutes when starting from cold. If we drive to a few stores in between cold start and operating temp, the DTC won't appear. This is leading me to a thermostat problem, but I would like some advice from anyone on here before I spend 6+ hours putting a new thermostat in.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had this problem too after buying an ‘08 GTS, it was preventing me from getting an inspection sticker. Two possible resolutions: it could be ethanol gas giving the temperature sensors an unexpected reading; or, I ran the car hard down to New Orleans (about an hour’s drive) averaging about 100 mph, and that seemed to flush away whatever was stuck in the thermostat and the code disappeared.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts