Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 2004 Cayenne S, it has a problem which comes and goes whenever I've taken it into the dealers the car has been fine!!
OK here's the problem when driving for say 10 miles and I come to a stop then put my wheels on a turn the short lock seems to have partly engaged giving the car a knocking noise from the front wheels. If I engage the short lock then disengage it the car works fine for a while.
Unfortunately I live in Spain and although I speak decent Spanish I can't seem to get the guys to understand what the problem is, any ideas?
Thanks
Al

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey,

When you get this problem are you turning the wheel all the way? how much turns are you turning the wheel?

Have you tried asking the dealer to take it for a test drive so they could possibly come across the problem like how you are when driving?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Sorry for the delay in replying I've just got back from a work trip...
Even with a small turn of the wheel the noise comes on, the dealers had the car and sodds law always plays it's part it never happens when they have it!
Thanks
Al

·
Registered
18 Posts
i am new to Porsche cayenne's but know some things about cars. what is this cayenne short lock you speak of? was at a auto show where they had some cayenne's displayed and never seen anything that said "short lock" inside the suv.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts