Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 Cayenne S. Alarm goes off with no one around. I turn off alarm via fob and entire electrical system is shut down-no lights on and nothing operational. I use the emergency key to enter vehical and open hood. When I connect jumper cables, the S comes back to life. Everything is operational again and engine starts. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2020 Cayenne S. Alarm goes off with no one around. I turn off alarm via fob and entire electrical system is shut down-no lights on and nothing operational. I use the emergency key to enter vehical and open hood. When I connect jumper cables, the S comes back to life. Everything is operational again and engine starts. Has anyone experienced anything like this?
Hennessy Porsche in north Atl said the battery drain on new cars with all the electronics is far greater with car unlocked then locked. They say if you don’t plan to drive for several days, locking the car allows the battery to rest knowing that the only drains on it are the alarm and alarm sensors. Although I’ve never heard this, I have had a solid relationship with the dealership owners and have no reason to doubt what they say. Would welcome some discussion if anyone has heard similar feedback.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2021 base model with most options and have numerous issues with all the surround cameras being inoperable and also many of the systems warning lights coming on during driving mode stating they have been disabled. Never had these issues in my 19, 18,16 or 14.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts