Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Cayenne, just ordered a 2014 GTS. Is there any concern with getting the larger 21 inch wheel, which obviously presents less height for the tires? Rougher ride? How does it handle versus smaller 19 or 20 inch? I still have time to change the order (10.29.13).

Dealer told me to consider purchasing different wheels for snow tires, and also recommended smaller wheel size, say 19 inch. Does this make sense? Also, I have had trouble sourcing Cayenne wheels on the web, any recommendations for a source?

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's long been held that narrower tires work better in snow. Smaller diameter rims facilitate that premise. The 295/35R-21s on your GTS will be 11.71" wide. Comparatively, a 275/45R-20 is 10.83", a 265/50R-19 is 10.43", and a 255/55R-18 is 10.04". Some folks make the winter choice by price, others by esthetics. The trick is to select a winter rim that will grab the attention of an observers eye, taking it away from the smaller diameter tire. With the right rims, I think traction, price, and appearance could be satisfied with a set of 18" Scorpion Ice & Snow

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi just purchased 20" rs spyder winter wheel and tire package for my 13 gts from dealer they look great and the dunlop rubber looks like it will have good bite in the snow
living in nh i didnt want to run 21s in black through the winter the kicker was the 15% tequipment cupoun all dealers have through porsche it saved me a grand off this package i had 21" pirellis scorpion ice and snows for my 08 s but it was a pain swapping them twice a year

1 - 3 of 3 Posts