Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2017 Cayenne GTS. I live in Mass so it’s often cold outside. A few times this winter when just starting out I’m getting a ‘Chassis System Failure” message. The screen shows a red shock absorber and it says to park the car safely. I’ve been fortunate enough that shutting off the vehicle, opening the door, and restarting has alleviated the issue. The vehicle is out of warranty so I took it to my independent garage. He scanned the codes and said he got multiple sensor failures. He said it impossible without spending many labor hours to chase down the actual issue. So $500 later nothing has changed. Wondering if other owners have experienced this fault and know of potential fixes.

·
Administrator
28 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum.

A number of people have had this sort of issue - it's typically either the front air-springs (leaking O ring at the top) or the valve body. So your independent had the balls to charge you $500 to not fix the car? I'd be looking for a competent independent. Hopefully, there is one in your area. If you're of a mind of DIY - you first need to narrow down the issue which will require you purchasing a Porsche-specific code reading tool ($200-2,000) that can tell you what the car thinks is the issue. Once you get those codes - post them here and some people may have some ideas/experience. I know a few members over on Planet-9.com do have experience with this. (Planet-9 is the sister forum to this one.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi welcome to the forum.

A number of people have had this sort of issue - it's typically either the front air-springs (leaking O ring at the top) or the valve body. So your independent had the balls to charge you $500 to not fix the car? I'd be looking for a competent independent. Hopefully, there is one in your area. If you're of a mind of DIY - you first need to narrow down the issue which will require you purchasing a Porsche-specific code reading tool ($200-2,000) that can tell you what the car thinks is the issue. Once you get those codes - post them here and some people may have some ideas/experience. I know a few members over on Planet-9.com do have experience with this. (Planet-9 is the sister forum to this one.)
Thanks Don. I’ll call the shop where I took it and ask him to give me the codes. I’ll then post them here
Doug

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum.

Hi welcome to the forum.

I thought paying for a Porsche repair and then finding it not fixed was normal. It has happened to me numerous times. Independent repair shop or dealership does not matter. I have numerous issues that seem to be unfix-able.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there, sorry late to the discussion. Here is my history with this issue on my 2011 Cayenne Turbo. Since I’ve owned this Cayenne (going on 4 years now) every January when temps drop below 20 degrees (F) or so for 2 or more consecutive days I have this problem. First time it occurred the car dropped to what looked like the low setting on the left and terrain setting on the right, took it to Porsche dealer and they replaced the fuse that had blown and changed some parameters with voltage reading for the PASM. Now when it gets below around 25 (F) il‘ll get the yellow warning first and when temps drop and stay below 10 (F) the fuse blows and it pretty much stays in whatever setting level it was in before it blew. when this occurs I bring it into a heated garage and let the car thaw out, replace the fuse and it’s good again till next cold snap if left outside. Have to do this procedure maybe 2, 3 at the most, times per cold snap temps if car gets left outside for while. Don’t know it this will help you at all, but just know you are not alone with this issue. Side note, it’s very easy for shops to have you throw money at these cars and stealerships have a bad reputation but in this circumstance Porsche saved me thousands cause my independent was first looking at the compressor and a shock or 2. Thank goodness for forums like this with others sharing which saved me from going down the throwing money rabbit hole.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi there, sorry late to the discussion. Here is my history with this issue on my 2011 Cayenne Turbo. Since I’ve owned this Cayenne (going on 4 years now) every January when temps drop below 20 degrees (F) or so for 2 or more consecutive days I have this problem. First time it occurred the car dropped to what looked like the low setting on the left and terrain setting on the right, took it to Porsche dealer and they replaced the fuse that had blown and changed some parameters with voltage reading for the PASM. Now when it gets below around 25 (F) il‘ll get the yellow warning first and when temps drop and stay below 10 (F) the fuse blows and it pretty much stays in whatever setting level it was in before it blew. when this occurs I bring it into a heated garage and let the car thaw out, replace the fuse and it’s good again till next cold snap if left outside. Have to do this procedure maybe 2, 3 at the most, times per cold snap temps if car gets left outside for while. Don’t know it this will help you at all, but just know you are not alone with this issue. Side note, it’s very easy for shops to have you throw money at these cars and stealerships have a bad reputation but in this circumstance Porsche saved me thousands cause my independent was first looking at the compressor and a shock or 2. Thank goodness for forums like this with others sharing which saved me from going down the throwing money rabbit hole.
Thank you for the information. Very helpful

1 - 6 of 6 Posts