Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Porsche newbie here. Found a nice 2006 Base with Sunroof and Bose sound. Only 21,000 miles. Car is in excellent condition with the exception of some checks in the paint on front bumper cover. Got dealer(Dodge dealer) down to $24,500 plus tax and tag transfer. Deal will be contingent to a Porsche dealer inspection at my cost of $300.

Good deal? Bad deal or fair deal?

Thanks in advance.

Craig

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why buy a v6 porsche? Also, why get the 1st generation? You'll have to change the plastic cooling tubes to aluminum by 60k miles from what I've read. The second generation start in 08, comes w/ the aluminum cooling tubes, more horse, and sharper looking IMO. Don't buy a 1st generation porsche IMO.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Why buy a v6 porsche? Also, why get the 1st generation? You'll have to change the plastic cooling tubes to aluminum by 60k miles from what I've read. The second generation start in 08, comes w/ the aluminum cooling tubes, more horse, and sharper looking IMO. Don't buy a 1st generation porsche IMO.
my personal opinion to buy facelifited 08/09 preferably with V8 4.8 engine either S or GTS models .:):cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wife and I decided to pass on the Cayenne :-( We got cold feet about maintenance and repairs in an out of warranty situation. For $26 grand we can get alot of car new with warranty.

Thanks for all the advice and insight guys!

Craig

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wife and I decided to pass on the Cayenne :-( We got cold feet about maintenance and repairs in an out of warranty situation. For $26 grand we can get alot of car new with warranty.

Thanks for all the advice and insight guys!

Craig
Smart choice, as much as I love the Cayenne I understand how expensive they can be to maintain.

Hopefully your wife and yourself can get a Cayenne in the future :)

Have you guys decided on which cars your going to check out?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts