Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I drive my Cayenn S above 130 Km/h a slightly low pitched and continuous acoustic warning sounds from somwhere around the dashboard. The warning sound continuous uninterupted until i slow down again below 130 Km/h. This is very annoying. Cannot find any reference in the "Owners manual" either.

I have switched off the Speed Limit warning option in the On-board Computer. It must be something else I guess.

Did anyone have the same issue yet and can hel explaining what exactely I have to do to switch it off, or, what is it warning of?? It seems to be a speed issue right?

Any advise is most appreciated. Tnx

Alfie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I called the local Porsche Service Center. They have told me that this is a Speed Limit warning, but not the one the driver can set himself on the OBC. It is a factory set one. The reason why I suddenly have this audio warning is because recently I did a factory reset on the PCM (Vehicle handover) and apparently that re-activated the factory speed alarm.

I was asked to pass by the quick service and get it deactivated which can only be done through PIWIS (Auto Diagnostic Tool).

I just wanted to let you know in case that you experiance the same problem. Anyway, I will get it deactivated within the next few days and hopefully the service representative was right ;-)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts