Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WE have a 2014 Cayenne Diesel. We've been getting a coolant low warning. I have added distilled water to the system. I do not have any puddles & have not found any evidence of a leak. This has been about once a month for the last four months. I have not found any evidence of a head gasket failure either (white smoke when running)I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem & what they found. I am not a fan of taking it to the dealer (nearest one is 2+ hours away) either. Since the diesel Cayenne is a bit rare, I thought I'd ask here if anyone has found coolant problems with the diesel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2014 might has the same issue. No evidence of a leak other than you can smell the coolant. I had a local shop check it out and with the help of a little camera found coolant in the valley. They said it would be a significant amount of work to undertake. Posted the issue to a FB group and another member sent me this Youtube link. Porsche Cayenne Diesel - Coolant leaking repairs part1 I've only got 85k on mine so I'll have them tear it down and fix the leak.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a coolant leak on our 2013 diesel. It was in the valley at the top of the engine. Nothing ever reached the ground. I was able to confirm it by taping a little piece of cloth to a long screwdriver and probing into the area. The cloth was wet with coolant. Often its the ERG valve - which should be covered under your extended warranty. Had Porsche dealership tell me they didnt feel that was the case. Took it to an independent and they took it apart and replace the EGR valve. Went back to Porsche but they have refused to cover it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 2014 might has the same issue. No evidence of a leak other than you can smell the coolant. I had a local shop check it out and with the help of a little camera found coolant in the valley. They said it would be a significant amount of work to undertake. Posted the issue to a FB group and another member sent me this Youtube link. Porsche Cayenne Diesel - Coolant leaking repairs part1 I've only got 85k on mine so I'll have them tear it down and fix the leak.
Thanks for the YouTube link. I see what has to be done. Now that I know how involved the fix is, I will schedule it & try to get some parts ahead to prevent a long term stay at the repair shop--outside while they wait on parts. I have looked at most of the segments on the fix. Good to have seen it! It makes me hate plastic parts used on the engines! Thanks again djc1414.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts