Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Big job....

Has anyone replaced their V6 engine mounts. Is this doable for a home mechanic?
Yes, with the correct engine support brace - this job is do-able. Once the engine is hung by the support brace, the lower suspension cross-member needs to be lowered by 8" to stuff the motor mounts in. Set aside 10-14 hours for this job. But you can save thousands....

·
Registered
20 Posts
We get really po'd at these types of unresolved threads on Bimmer Forums. If you're gonna ask a question, PLEASE have the decency to follow up so other members will know what to do when they have a similar issue. :tango_face_plain:

WHAT EVER HAPPENED WITH YOUR MOTOR MOUNT REPLACEMENT?????? :confused::rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry for the slow reply, haven't been on the site for quite a while....as Sebring said in the second post the job is very doable, need an engine support brace, the rest is pretty straight forward. Just remember this is a V6 not V8

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't suggest you do that. It is not that hard as you think, but to replace engine mounts you should have special equipment in your garage, and I bet you don't have that equipment. Also, you should have a bit of experience in this field because it is not as easy as you think. You might get some tips from Engine Size of Cars: Quick Information and Analytics | Enginert but in my opinion, it would be much better to visit a service center. Good luck to you, and I hope you'll manage to fix your problem as soon as possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts