Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,...just joined....2016 Cayenne base....I have chosen to perform my own oil and filter changes @ 7500 mile intervals...needless to say the oil service reminder message is activating as I am approaching the 10,000 mile reading....the dealership has indicated that only they can turn off the message AND that can only be done if they perform the work...wow....I asked the service manager if that means that I will be looking at the service message for the remainder of the life of the vehicle?...he responded with a yes....have any of you experienced this predicament and could help me through this?...I thank you in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just did the first oil change and was surprised to learn that you can’t reset it without some type of tool/computer. I ended up purchasing an iCarsoft POR II off Amazon for $150.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Either get a diagnostic tool that allows service reminder resets or live with it. I just traded off my '12 Cayenne and the reset tool I used wouldn't permanently reset the oil change reminder, so I just ignored it. BTW, if you get that kind of response from your dealer you need a new dealer. Most will reset the reminder for a fee, and there are plenty of independent garages that will do so for probably much less money. Many of the reset tools will work, I've heard good results from the iCarsoft ones and the Durametric tool is great too.

·
Banned
39 Posts
I took my 2018 Cayenne to an indie for the oil change $750 Matco engine diagnostics and service reset tool. Rest the oil service reminder. Dealers can and will want whatever. There are customers who pay the $850 for an oil change. To their credit, resetting the service reminder without the work is like asking a physician to write Rx on the diagnosis of another physician.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Not Rest...reset

I took my 2018 Cayenne to an indie for the oil change $750 Matco engine diagnostics and service reset tool. Rest the oil service reminder. Dealers can and will want whatever. There are customers who pay the $850 for an oil change. To their credit, resetting the service reminder without the work is like asking a physician to write Rx on the diagnosis of another physician.
Not Rest...reset

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a similar problem. It is easy to understand what you need to do when you get such an error. You need to go directly to the services. This light can appear for different reasons. For example, I bought some LED lights for my car from vont.com. When I was changing the lights, I accidentally touched a cable in the engine, so I started to have the engine check light up. In the service, the masters struggled a lot to find the reason why the light was on until they found out that I accidentally unplugged a cable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts