Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help. I was having water coming into the passenger floor mat after a car wash. The AC Fan was working. I opened the hood and removed the debris covers located passenger top left side bottom of wind sheild to Vacumm the leaves and debris that had clogged the drain. Sucessfully vacummed out leavers and went I tried the AC Fan all electronics work but no Fan. What did I do? Is there a fan connector I may have dislodged out of sight? How to debug and fix? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nothing was loose under the hood. Seems as Porsche thinks my Fan Motor needs replaced. I checked the drivers side fuse - it's ok.
Now I am trying to figure out if we could just replace the resistor? the Fan replacement by Porsche estimate is $1300.

·
Administrator
74 Posts
Nothing was loose under the hood. Seems as Porsche thinks my Fan Motor needs replaced. I checked the drivers side fuse - it's ok.
Now I am trying to figure out if we could just replace the resistor? the Fan replacement by Porsche estimate is $1300.
Assuming you own a 2011 Cayenne - the fan assembly can be found brand new for less than $200, Replacing it might take a skilled mechanic about 30-45 minutes. A DIY'er - first time - perhaps 90 minutes. That leaves you with $1,100 to buy me beer with. You might check on Planet-9.com for some more details (sister forum to this one.) And no - there is no "resistor" - it uses a solid state speed controller (all the continuously variable speed fans do that..)

·
Administrator
74 Posts
BTW - when you cleaned out the debris - did you remove the wiper arms and the cover over the cowl? (Cover it where the wiper drives poke through..) If not - you haven't really cleaned it out real well. There are drains at the bottom of the cowl that can be cleaned from below.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts