Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2004 Turbo and quite often, the battery is flat and unable to start without jump leads or charging the battery.
I also get a fading in/out of the radio volume and an intermittent air suspension workshop light come up.
Is this the secondary battery in the boot that may need replacing or the one in the lh front seat?
Many thanks.
Neil

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2004 Cayenne but not a turbo. What are or where are you talking about the second battery, secondary battery in the boot. Thanks, I have not read anything about a second battery, or is it just a Turbo Thing. :confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Changing battery

I'd say time to replace the battery. It's not holding a charge. I'm not too sure which battery but if your car is from 2004 I'd just replace both batteries.
Here is an easy way you only have to remover two bolts the ones under the two cover in front of the seat. You do not have to remove the hole set. I just did it on my 2004 Cayenne took about 10 mins. to get at the battery.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/c...guide-diy.html

If this link does not work here is how. Move the set forward, remover plastic covers at rear of set at the floor. Move set back as far as it will go, then remover the two covers on the floor in the front of the set, remover the two bolts #10/12 point. Move back of set forward and then lift the hole set backwards and up from the front, now move the set forward with the switch and it will tilt all the way into the back set. and then you have access to the battery box. Then do the reverse to put it back together.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.