Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
110 Posts
There is a possibility of an overly sensitive knock sensor retarding your timing under acceleration. This is a known issue on the V6 cars of your era and Porsche has an update to the engine control unit that solves it. If the ethanol-free fuel doesn't fix it (and I doubt if it will since it took days of driving "Couple days later" after getting fuel for it to misbehave), I'd contact your friendly local dealer's service department and ask about it.

·
Administrator
110 Posts
Thanks for the message but let me see if I understand you correctly. You have a 2014 and you've had the unit replaced as many as 3 times? That's very concerning to me as the warranty on this issue for the 2016 expires 7 years after initial purchase, so next year for me. I'm going to call the dealer for advise but if this is an bandaid type of fix then I'm thinking departing with the vehicle may be the best solution.
My experience with a 2011 Turbo, with 108,000 miles on the original transfer case is - change the oil every other engine oil change (it's dead simple to do) and chances are you'll never have an issue. The latest transfer cases, besides having better venting to keep water out of the case, also use a different coating on the metal clutch disks that is probably done to prevent corrosion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts