Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into puchasing a used one. Not the turbos but just the base model or the S model. My only concern is a lot of the used ones have well over 70k miles. Most are closer to 100k and up. I know any car is reliable if taken care of, but ford vcm 2 there are those cars where things just go wrong left and right after a certain number of miles. Is this the case with the Cayenne? Are there problematic years or trims or things I should look for that are specific to that car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
2008 Cayenne S. Bought used in 2011. I cannot remember any time in the last ten years that the car was free of any issues. Replaced thermostat twice. Passenger air bag. Fuel pump. Rocker trim. "O" rings in coolant pipes twice. Broken front suspension coil overs. Under dash wiring harness. Alarm horn. Both remote key FOBS. Passenger seat base. Repaired evap leak. Leak detection pump. EVAP/Purge valve/solenoid. Vacuum pump. Dash multi display. Headlight level sensors. I have not included the regular maintenance items, filters, brakes, plugs, coils, etc. A lot of this was covered under warranty and some even free of charge after the warranty. It presently has issues with "Check Headlight Beam" , no date display and time display needs resetting every few days. Please note, no issues with engine, 4.8 L. The engine and transmission are very reliable, the rest of the car is reliably junk. Probably a great car if you keep it for a couple of years while under warranty. Not so great if you keep cars for a long time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts