Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have a 2009 Cayenne Base and today the Bose sub under the spare tire sounded like it was malfunctioning. Upon inspection it seems like water was getting into the sub. But I can’t tell if it’s coming from an outside leak or spraying up from under car during rain. The trunk is completely dry. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
20 Posts
'06 Base Model here. Not your issue but the water I noticed was coming from under the dash when using the A/C for extended drives. It would drip on my feet when making turns and was soaking the carpet on both sides. It was a clogged HVAC drain that goes out the passenger side front firewall. Once I cleared that sucker (it was at least 8 OUNCES of water), no more issues AND I can see the water draining properly from that drain cover now...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does your rear washer work (spray cleaning fluid)?? It could be detached or another drain tube has failed. I'm still new to these cars and am still discovering the quirks that need to be addressed...good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I don't know, maybe you have a gap somewhere through which water makes its way. I had something like this, I lit a cigarette in the car, and a match fell on the carpet and burned it, but the carpet was of high quality; I did not want to throw it away or change it. So I drove like this with a burnt carpet, about four months, and there were times when I was even ashamed to put a girl in the passenger seat, because she had a hole in the carpet under her feet, until I found out about these guys https://rapidcarpetrepairs.com.au/carpet-repairs-melbourne/ , which are engaged in repairing carpets. I was lucky because I got everything done quickly.
Yeah, you're lucky, I hope these guys can clean my grandmother's carpet, I wanted to throw it away, but my grandmother wouldn't let me, let them clean it at least

1 - 4 of 4 Posts