Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I believe my key went under the air vent below the driver seats, I can't find my key anywhere in the car but the car turns on. The only possible options that I can figure out is that in slipped from my pocket and went inside the air vent under the driver seats. Is there any instruction on how to reach there or I need to take to the Porsche Dealer for that?

Thanks

Eliel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Illuminate the area with a flashlight, and try fishing it out using an extendable rod that has a magnet on its tip. Be nice to the person working the counter at your local auto parts store, they may likely lend you the tool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try to illuminate the area with a flashlight from our mobile phone. If it is too tight for your hand, going to a car repair shop can quickly solve the problem. Once I also lost the keys there, and I didn't know where to search for them. I went to mylocallocksmithtx.com and made a copy of the keys, and only six months when I was cleaning the interior of the car, I found the old keys. I was so mad because I didn't even think of searching for them in my car's interior, and it wouldn't be necessary to make a copy of the keys.

·
Administrator
14 Posts
Which vent do you think they ended up in? If it's one that faces forward, hard sudden abrupt braking might make it slide out. I know one guy who lost his cell-phone in a HVAC duct - and that worked for him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts