Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's new cayenne diesel has a lane change warning device that must use radar as a sensor. Her VR1 alerts constantly, and we had to turn it down to the small L setting to keep it quiet. Yesterday I was following her and my VR1 was sounding if we were within a half mile of each other.

We turned off the device warning in the Cayenne, but it still outputs radar.

Seems that Porsche of all people should not use a type of radar that triggers other peoples or the owners radar detectors.

Has anyone else noticed this interaction? Solutions?

Also, the garage door openers only work when the car is running, so you have to start the diesel in the garage with the door down, and upon return run the car until the door is down!

Both " features" are very annoying.

Again, any solutions?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I personally love it. I typically travel between 5 and 9 mph above the posted limit. so when vehicles overtake me I know they're well over the speed limit, and are likely relying on a radar detector. I can tell which ones they are, because occasionally the LCA flashes briefly before a vehicle becomes visible in the mirror. Those that fall back out of sight immediately were illuminated by my LCA, and hit their brakes thinking they just got illuminated in a speed trap.

I think it's Ka-band, and your wife should be able to counter it within the Valentine operator settings. Check with Valentine to verify.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Could well be. It's not an issue of such concern to me that I'd actually take time to look it up

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is K band. If you have a newer version V1 you can activate the Traffic Monitor Filter (TMF) and it will quiet down the V1 around those LCA's on most of the newer vehicles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts