Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I've come to this forum because I am in the market for a car, and I always buy used. I don't spend much on cars and would love advice from you on how I can get my best "bang for my buck".

So here are my questions:
1) Which engine tends to be the most reliable for the Cayenne? (If it's the base, that's OK for me - performance is low on the list for me)
2) I've found many used Cayennes in my price range (25k or less).e 60k miles or more. Aa lot of problems that develop once they surpass this amount of miles?
3) What are the most common issues with these cars?
4) Are maintenance costs high?

That's about it. I look forward to your responses!

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have 2 958's in the family, both V8's, normally aspirated. One 60k, one almost 100K. They're super fun and safe, quite quick, quite expensive to maintain. If not maintained properly, quite a nightmare to own. Id stay away from 2010 and prior, it seems the 2011 and later cars had much of the early issues ironed out and seem lighter and more reliable, with better fuel mileage. My 2012 hits 22+mp continuously on open roads, the 2014 does 23-24 any day, on the open road. I don't know if I would opt for the base version with the V6, the milage is not really any better, and the V8 runs circles around it.
I hope this helps.
Uwe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts