Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a lot of nice modded Cayennes in the enthusiasts industry. Has any done any mods to their Cayenne. What kind of performance or appearance mods did you do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mod's you've done?

There are a lot of nice modded Cayennes in the enthusiasts industry. Has any done any mods to their Cayenne. What kind of performance or appearance mods did you do?
@TDR - what mods have you done, or know about? I'm interested in first modifying my 06 Cayenne S to improve road handling (lowering, etc) and secondly increasing engine performance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
2 Mods :

22" black AVARUS AV4 wheels with Yokohama ADVAN S.T. tires

black monochrome Ski Rack ( I dont Ski . just cosmetic ! )

·
Registered
116 Posts
No appearance mods, I like it the way it is. Although, having said that, I'd like satin black rims with machined spokes and rim to hide the annoying brake dust. Either than or swap the OE pads out for aftermarket ceramic. But I did add a BlueSpark Pro+Boost tuning box under the hood.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Actually I had Fabspeed remove unnecessary secondary cats and install bypass pipes, flash the ecu, removed stock air filters and replace with BMC formula 1 filters, Fabspeed exhaust, IPD performance air plenum. All told probably 100 additional horses. Which brings it up to around 620bph. I can say that the performance is absolutely breathtaking. Rather expensive mods, but if you are a total Cayenne enthusiast speed junkie like me, it's a must...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I hope this is a joke. I do ski (a lot), and a ski rack as a cosmetic mod seems pretty wierd to me. Ski racks really drive down aerodynamics and there is nothing cool about them. They just carry skis!
I agree about being bad on aerodynamics but I it does give bolder look to the vehicle. I have had complements from some other drivers on road . just my opinion!:cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
For those that have done the cat bypass on one of the two catalytic converters, did it increase the sound level inside the car such that it was too noticeable or extreme in the cabin?

I have a significant rumble the way it is with my turbo, i don't want any more rumble inside the vehicle since i don't have acoustical glass.

The reason why there is one extra catalytic converter is to evidently minimize the noise levels in the first place.

I'm just curious is all....carry on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For those that have done the cat bypass on one of the two catalytic converters, did it increase the sound level inside the car such that it was too noticeable or extreme in the cabin?

I have a significant rumble the way it is with my turbo, i don't want any more rumble inside the vehicle since i don't have acoustical glass.

The reason why there is one extra catalytic converter is to evidently minimize the noise levels in the first place.

I'm just curious is all....carry on.
anyone???

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
As wolverine1 has said, you will notice a deeper raspy burble. Definitely more noticeable outside and inside the car.
Thanks. I previously read his post and understood his statement in that it sounds more raspy at startup. I was looking for more than that, hence my additional post.

My stock CTT sounds more raspy at startup too and then settles down within 10-15 seconds.

Maybe i didn't ask my question very well... I would like to know how much additional noise (yes indeed subjective) is observed in the cab at cruising speed once the secondary cat bypass mod is performed. Fabspeed indicated no significant increase in cab noise but i find that hard to believe...

fwiw: i had a Diesel V6 prior to the CTT and the cab noise was absolutely minimal engine/exhaust noise. The CTT is noticeably louder and no, i don't have the thermal/accoustical glass package on my CTT.

Bottom line, I would prefer not to increase noise levels in my cab at cruising speed any more than current. If i can increase the exhaust sound levels (outside the cab) while under acceleration and minimize interior sound levels, i'm all game.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Listen, I have just about every Fabspeed performance mod except the primary sport cat install... (just too much money for an extra 15bph in my opinion). When I got the secondary cat, downpipe replacement and muffler, the possible increase in interior sound resonance was an absolute main concern. However, that's what makes Fabspeed incredible. Practically no increase in interior resonance. Outside? Definitely. Inside? No. I hope this helps...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts