Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you buy 2006 Porsche Cayenne S with 47,000 miles? it's Platinum edition, asking price 27,000.
Look very clean. I don't know much about those cars I'm more BMW man (BMW CCA), but I heard about cooling pipes under intake that could leak and repair like few thousands $. I looked it looks like is already replaced by aluminum.
Does tranny hold well?
Electronics?
Radio/CD/Nav?
Tires?
Brakes cost replacement?
Leaks(water), if any?
Oil leaks?
rear diff?
All wheel drive?
Small staff if any?

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used to have 2006 Turbo bought approved used from local Porsche dealer here . I traded it in for 2009 GTS auto v clean with 43k kilometers . to tell truth I prefer my current GTS over more powerful turbo as turbos have issues like lag and oil consumption not practical as daily. the S model is almost identical to my GTS its most popular Cayenne version and must say would recommend u buying it. good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to have 2006 Turbo bought approved used from local Porsche dealer here . I traded it in for 2009 GTS auto v clean with 43k kilometers . to tell truth I prefer my current GTS over more powerful turbo as turbos have issues like lag and oil consumption not practical as daily. the S model is almost identical to my GTS its most popular Cayenne version and must say would recommend u buying it. good luck
It's not a turbo it's this

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's not a turbo it's this

I said I used to have (past tense) a dark olive 2006 Cayenne Turbo a year ago had lots of bad issues not a daily which i traded in for newer 2009 GTS

·
Registered
39 Posts
No its newer 4.8 V8 engine starting 2008 . 385hp on Cayenne S

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I read it. It has coup,e problem but i think it should be solved by 2006.
So the remain question has left, would you by again?
I had BMW 325, the M3, now 550, so I would buy BMW again, but I would not buy any Audi again, even I like how do they handles. The reason is too many electrical problem, when car is getting close to 100K miles.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I read it. It has coup,e problem but i think it should be solved by 2006.
So the remain question has left, would you by again?
I had BMW 325, the M3, now 550, so I would buy BMW again, but I would not buy any Audi again, even I like how do they handles. The reason is too many electrical problem, when car is getting close to 100K miles.
How long were you a BMW owner for? I know BMW's are known to have a ton of problems, electrical, etc.. kinda why I stayed away from them for the time i did.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How long were you a BMW owner for? I know BMW's are known to have a ton of problems, electrical, etc.. kinda why I stayed away from them for the time i did.
I had E46 325 back 5 years ago, then E46 M3 for couple years and now E60 550. The 325 was almost trouble free expect things like lift gate was leaking water so it would open on own, but simple RTV (home depot) fixed a problem. The dealer failed to do so.
E46 M3 was also trouble free battery and tires (oh, man they go fast).

E60 has some problems like both active stabilizers, fuel vapor valve, thermostat, tight support, battery should be wrote a story, but I will try to be short, after replacement it needs to registered(re-program), so I did , but tech selected a wrong Ah for new battery, so a year later it died, almost die, Idrive will go crazy, radio amplifier would shut off for sec or so during the fast acceleration.
So what problems do you have with your Cayenne S. I meant it's based on VW, so it should have electrical problems.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had E46 325 back 5 years ago, then E46 M3 for couple years and now E60 550. The 325 was almost trouble free expect things like lift gate was leaking water so it would open on own, but simple RTV (home depot) fixed a problem. The dealer failed to do so.
E46 M3 was also trouble free battery and tires (oh, man they go fast).

E60 has some problems like both active stabilizers, fuel vapor valve, thermostat, tight support, battery should be wrote a story, but I will try to be short, after replacement it needs to registered(re-program), so I did , but tech selected a wrong Ah for new battery, so a year later it died, almost die, Idrive will go crazy, radio amplifier would shut off for sec or so during the fast acceleration.
So what problems do you have with your Cayenne S. I meant it's based on VW, so it should have electrical problems.
Your E46 experience seems almost typical but from what I seen there has been some really bad cases....maybe cause of how the drivers treat the cars thinking BMW's are indestructible.

I think it was the whole next generations of BMW's that started to go a bit downhill....E90/91/92, E60, etc.

Thanks for sharing :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts