Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to the forum here!
I’m looking to buy a second generation cayenne.
I would like to know what options I should look for when I buy the car and what problems I should be aware of.
I appreciate any help.
Thank you.

·
Administrator
14 Posts
Hi Peter - welcome to the forum.

That's a VERY broad question - since the 2nd generation (958, 2011-2018) had a wide number of models, and almost every Cayenne is "bespoke" - ordered to the specifications of the owner. There aren't (and weren't) many ordered by dealers to put on the lot since the variety of options was wide - and lots of people outfitted their Cayenne exactly as they wanted it to be.

First off - what sort of engine/performance are you looking for? There was a 550HP Turbo Sport, a 500HP Turbo, a 450HP V8/S, a 350HP V6 and a diesel, and a hybrid. (HP figures out of my head, but they're in the ballpark) then later ones had turbocharged V6's replacing one of the V8 (/S) models just to add to the fun.

They all come with AC, and most all came with the PCM unit (entertainment/GPS - but there were 3 grades of these - going up to the astronomical priced Burmeser. There are about 6 variations on seats, and then variations on those variations (seat-coverings, heated, cooled, leather/alcantara, how many power controls on them, comfy/sport). Then sunroofs (none, regular, huge/pano) and even the glass in the windows (heated glass, IR glass, insulated glass).

Not too simple to answer. I'd suggest spending some time checking out used ones for sale and you'll get an idea of what you NEED and what you WANT (which can be different things).. then come back and we can help you pick out what you should be looking for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts