Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone have instructions on lowering a 2006 cayenne with Eibach springs.

i wanted to do it myself, but cant find any instructions on how to.

thanks
KJ

·
Registered
33 Posts
First thing i always ask people i dont know that want to tackle a job like this is.....have you done any work on your Cayenne or any other car?

Did you already look at what Cayenne lowering springs you want to get or should i make some suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi kjp,

I am a new member seeking help to solve problem faced on lowering spring. I have fitted a lowering spring for my cayenne (base model 3.2L) and found the ride is terrible over undulating road. Any road undulation at speed over 80 kph will send my head to the roof. So if you are serious in fitting a lowering spring you have to seriously match you spring with the shock absorber. Mine I use H&R (29286-2) with Koni FSD and it does not work. The plus side is the SUV handles well during cornering and the steering feel is very good.

I am going to change the shock absorber to the stock shock absorber to see if there is any improvement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I am back again. Done some internet search and found that Bilstein did produce shock (B8 Sprint) for lowering springs. Has any body got any experience on this setup. Please give us a feed back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi kjp,

I am a new member seeking help to solve problem faced on lowering spring. I have fitted a lowering spring for my cayenne (base model 3.2L) and found the ride is terrible over undulating road. Any road undulation at speed over 80 kph will send my head to the roof. So if you are serious in fitting a lowering spring you have to seriously match you spring with the shock absorber. Mine I use H&R (29286-2) with Koni FSD and it does not work. The plus side is the SUV handles well during cornering and the steering feel is very good.

I am going to change the shock absorber to the stock shock absorber to see if there is any improvement.
The stock shock absorber being much more softer, should help solve your issue just thinking about it, best of luck to you! Keep us updated

Hi, I am back again. Done some internet search and found that Bilstein did produce shock (B8 Sprint) for lowering springs. Has any body got any experience on this setup. Please give us a feed back.
I had Bilstein shocks on my previous vehicle and they were really good, no complaints at all. As for Cayenne's, im not sure how well they do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Senor DJ,

Apologies for the late input. Anyway I did purchase a set of Bilstein B8 and match them with H&R sport springs. The handling of SUV was superb, the cornering was sharp with little body roll. But then I still find very uncomfortable bounce over undulation roads at speeds above 100 kph.

Not satisfied with the above setup I experimented with stock shock on the H&R sport spring. The handling and ride was not as good as the Bilstein B8 with H&R sport springs. Now I am back with Koni FSD with stock springs. The ride is very smooth over normal road but still bouncy over undulating roads especially at speeds 110 kph and above.

The smoothness of Koni FSD may be due to its single acting absorber while the Bilstine is double acting and the ride is not as smooth as Koni but with advantage of superb handling. So if you like to do track the Bilstine B8 with H&R sport spring setup is very suitable. The other two setups that I have not tried are Bilstine B6 with stock spring and Bilstine B8 with Eibach spring.

·
Registered
18 Posts
First thing i always ask people i dont know that want to tackle a job like this is.....have you done any work on your Cayenne or any other car?
Ditto. You have a perfectly engineered high-performance SUV and you want to "experiment" with the suspension? Take it to a professional. Suspension work can be very hazardous when done by novices. Since you had to ask (IMO) you shouldn't mess with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts