Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings … I am considering buying a 2017 Cayenne S with 84,000 miles from a local Porsche dealer. It’s reasonably priced and looks/drives great. What surprises should I be concerned about? Transfer case? Tiptonic? Turbo? Cam bolts? I am also considering a 2018 CS with 44,000 miles but the dealer wants $15k more for it … just don’t have much knowledge about Cayenne weaknesses.

As background, I have a 2009 987.2 Boxster S with 44k miles on it and have had good luck with it. Finally, I have a great mechanic who will maintain both cars as needed so I won’t be at the mercy of the dealer’s commissioned service reps.

Any input is welcome, and thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
43 Posts
The main difference between the two years is the radio headend as far as I know. Others will correct me if wrong. Is either of these being sold as a CPO? That would be a factor for sure. Also plug the VINs into vinanalytics.com and compare the build sheets. See which one floats your boat more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The main difference between the two years is the radio headend as far as I know. Others will correct me if wrong. Is either of these being sold as a CPO? That would be a factor for sure. Also plug the VINs into vinanalytics.com and compare the build sheets. See which one floats your boat more.
Thanks … appreciate the link. I have asked for both build sheets and also a 2018 CPO nice to be able get it myself.

·
Administrator
110 Posts
Greetings … I am considering buying a 2017 Cayenne S with 84,000 miles from a local Porsche dealer. It’s reasonably priced and looks/drives great. What surprises should I be concerned about? Transfer case? Tiptonic? Turbo? Cam bolts? I am also considering a 2018 CS with 44,000 miles but the dealer wants $15k more for it … just don’t have much knowledge about Cayenne weaknesses.

As background, I have a 2009 987.2 Boxster S with 44k miles on it and have had good luck with it. Finally, I have a great mechanic who will maintain both cars as needed so I won’t be at the mercy of the dealer’s commissioned service reps.

Any input is welcome, and thanks in advance for your help!
The transfer case is under an extended warranty - and with regular oil changes they actually do seem to last (109k on mine now.) Tiptronic - not an issue, works just fine. Cam bolts was ONLY the 2011 V8 engines. The '17 S has a V6 engine. The 2018 is a new model series, so that's why the dealer wants more for it, and the lower mileage helps too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts