Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Cayenne World

I am an older fart and have been driving one Porsche or another since the '71 911T I purchased used back in the mid 70's. There are currently three Porsche in the family, two drivers and one project. As Porsche has limited our access to Cayenne's full factory service manuals, I have come seeking support.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Let the discussion begin with a recent message from the dash of the 2011 Cayenne. Indicator lights for the Parking Brake, PMS system, and ABS systems have lit indicating that there is trouble ahead. However, all of these systems seem to be performing as intended. The only system failing to operate at all is the cruse control system. It has been suggested by another forum that such multiple dash messages may be symptoms that something in the battery/alternator circuits may be on their way South. As the battery is now 5 years young, it may in fact be showing its age. I know that when a BMW battery is replaced, there is a disconnect and reconnect sequence that must be followed or something expensive is going to be fried. Is this a problem with Porsche battery change out also?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts