Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I am proud owner of 2013 diesel Cayenne.We test drove everything in comparable size except Volvo and GM products because once we test drove the Cayenne,we were sold.Looking forward to learning more about these from other members.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I picked up mine in August; dark blue metallic/Luxor beige. Went the package route; P+, Bose, trailer. Would have liked a few more options, but I set a price ceiling at $70k. Even then I still stickered out at $71k. Going aftermarket for some of it, carbon fiber headlight trim rings next week, Bluespark tuning box by the end of the year. Also have a dark burl interior trim kit, but that will have to wait until spring for proper installation temperature.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome to the forum guys.

@ OP it's good you test drove a ton of cars, at least you know the cayenne diesel is the vehicle that is for you. Have you ever owned a Porsche?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome...it is a phenomenal vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have never owned a Porsche,the last vehicle we test drove before we were sold on the Cayenne was a 2013 bmw x5,they did not have a diesel to test but we really liked the ride and it was 10k cheaper with comparable options.But when we test drove the Cayenne there was no comparison,this vehicle was a blast to drive.And was quieter than the bww gasser.We have put 1100 miles on in a week and got 35.5 mpg averaging 80-85 one way and 28,5 avg.on return trip bucking 20-30 mph head wind.Very impressed so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all ... this is my first time on this forum and very first message as well. I had a 2010 LR4, loved the truck and truly loved the ride, except that I just got tired of its gas guzzling capabilities! I saw the Cayenne Diesel on the "Motorweek" auto show on TV 2 weeks ago and decided to look into it. Just one look and one test ride is all it took!
I immediately bought a black-on-black from the dealer showroom and picked it up last Friday, December 7th. The one and only dissatisfaction is that it was not a metallic black paint! Does anyone know how to obtain that "shine" without what I call the hair line on the paint. I even used the microfiber cloth used at the dealership with no success.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts