Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone! I'm new here with a question. What does "electric load switch-off" mean on my 2010 Cayenne? My cruise control stopped working and my blower/heater stopped working so i shut them off as i was driving home, shut car off turned it back on and now they work! Is that electrical or a fuse maybe? Also way up here in Massena, NY its now time to put my 1989 944 in storeage for the winter before the snow is too deep!
Thanks for any help.
SID

·
Administrator
14 Posts
It means something in that circuit exceeded the current limit the controlling module allows for the circuit, so the module killed the circuit. When you stopped/started the car you recycled that control into the conducting state - and the power came back on. As a WAG - how does your fan sound? It's certainly not unknown for the fan bearings to start to bind up causing the fan motor to draw too much current. If it doesn't seem to respond smoothly to the fan-speed control, or if it's noisy - chances are you're due for a new blower motor. Happily - since they're identical to VW blower motors they don't cost a fortune on the secondary market (ie - non-Porsche), and they're not terribly difficult to swap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Thanks for the excellent analysis of a "potential" problem. I will keep an eye on it and see if it happens again. I just purchased it in march and today was our coldest day of the year with a high of 36 so need to watch that carefully while using heat, seat heaters, etc.
Thanks again,
Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts