Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am experiencing a second childhood and its not even with a 911. I am now the proud owner of a 2013 Porsche Cayenne S--air suspension, PASM, Pano Sun, Premium Plus, Dual-Tone full leather with raised stitching (Saddle and Espresso), 20" wheels.

Purchased from "Chris" @ Joe Rizza in Orland Park, IL (just South of Chicago) -- top notch guy who made the transaction easy. The dealership bent over backwards to accomodate my travel schedule and even their driver was incredibly friendly (they returned my to O'hare--a good 90 minutes away, in a Porsche with driver--how is that for service!). Not knowing what "Porsche World" would entail personality wise, I have to say I have been impressed with all the guys I have met so far--ernest, polite, friendly, helpful.

There is a uncontrollable smile that comes onto my face 10 minutes prior to departing in the morning, throughout all of my 50-minute commute on back country highways, Interstate straightaways, city streets and continues until reality sinks in 20 minutes after arriving at the office. When I need a pick-me-up, I go look out the window at the black beast in the parking lot -- smile returns and I am good to go for another 3 hours.

I currently also own a Range Rover Sport, which I still love--for other reasons--and have had BMWs, Jaguars, and an Infiniti (I don't know what possessed me, clearly I was under pharmaceutical influence). None have impressed me as much as my Cayenne--its tight, responsive, lively, loud, loves the road and feels ohhhh-so-so-so nice under the touch. I feel an obsession quickly developing. I am from the South, so I do like a little bit of padding with my drive--the air suspension was a must.

This is a quick intro, attached are a few pics.

I look forward to connecting with those in the region and sharing advice. To the hosts of this Forum: thanks for putting together and moderating -- this is a great resource!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, JDH,

Thank you. After 3 weeks, I am looking forward to driving the hour commute every day.

I did compare vehicles. I drove the Cayenne Base, the "S," the Diesel and the Hybrid--some with--but most without--A/S. All beautiful cars. I believe most contributors are not huge fans of the A/S, but for my family--my partner, myself and a thrill-seeking Scottish Terrier--there was no question. We are coming from RRs and BMWs with A/S and so have acclimated to that ride. Saying that, we drive cars hard and fast every day.

This may strike some as extreme, but I could tell the difference without even leaving the dealership parking lot….going over speed bumps, grates, easing into the road. There was no comparison. The road "feedback" (jolts, tosses, jabs) was too much for us without the A/S. And, we always have the option of the "sports" mode.

On a daily basis I do drive the car aggressively, and do not notice a "disconnected" feel regarding the road. Rather, I notice an "effortless" sensation. Moving the car to where I want to go is "effortless," which to some may associate with "disconnected". One looks ahead, steers appropriately and uses the accelerator at will. The car with the V8 tears up the road--in "normal" and "comfort" modes. The "Sports" mode tightens that car suspension considerably but I have not found it necessary to absolutely decimate every living creature who may be on the road at the same time as myself. I am not a track driver and I do like the Porsche primarily for its beauty--not for killing it on the road…that is a pleasant bonus, however.

Personally, I do not want to feel every crack, bump and inperfection in the road--of which there is a great deal on my area and for me lessened by enjoyment of non-A/S Cayennes.

Take what I have to offer with a grain of salt, I love our RR and continue to drive it 1/3 of my time. And I am from the South, so we prefer cushy seating at all times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts