Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone,

New member here and just bought my first Cayenne. It has 85k on the clock and is a loaded TDI. So I was wondering how many of these came with the air ride suspension? I’ve had 3 VW Tregs and none had this feature but always wanted it. When I agreed to buy this one the owner didn’t even mention it so was a surprise when I picked it up. Thanks

· Registered
2013 Cayenne Diesel
13 Posts
We have 136k principally off-road miles on our 2013 958 diesel. Ours has air-suspension is completely stock with body protection and camping gear. 'Lift-kit' not needed or wanted! Our travels have taken us from the hot Chihuahuan Desert up to the frozen Arctic Ocean after ice racing on the Yukon River at Dawson City. We have done extended multi-week BDR routes and many other off-road adventures.
These are very capable right out of the box. To wear out our stock tires we autocrossed ours for a season when new. Both of us won first place in our class, lot to say about its low end torque.
No real issues thru all this with keeping up with normal maintenance.
Check out 'Porsche Cayenne Offroad' for some of what we have done.

Water Cloud Tire Sky Car

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow nice Cayenne. It’s good to know they are pretty tuff off road as well. Thanks for the info.

So any idea of what percentage of the TDI’s had the air suspension?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
11 Posts
Porsche is À la carte for the most part so the previous owner picked a package that had air suspension. I've even seen 958 Cayennes with air shocks, but no air lift. I was lucky enough to find my Cayenne with both and a heated steering wheel, heated windshield and full leather interior.
Congrats!

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah this Cayenne has like everything. Heated and cooled front and back seats, heated steering wheel, air lift suspension, I think rear locker, seats that do everything and on and on. It’s like new as it’s been garaged it’s entire life. Very nice vehicle and thanks for your response.

· Registered
11 Posts
Sounds like you found a good one. My 2011 S has kept my wife and I from arguing about the AC temp on long trips as I just use the ventilated seat to keep cool versus cranking the AC up. I don't know how I made it this long without it! I've picked up older relatives to take to their doctors appointments and they are amazed that I have heated rear seats and power sun shades. They always say that they fill like the president. LOL!

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are great vehicles. I’ve owned 3 Touaregs. One gasser and two TDI’s but this is my first Cayenne. The Cayenne’s driving experience is way superior. I love lowering the air suspension to its lowest setting and setting it in sport mode. It’s like a sports car at this point and eats curves for dessert. Such a sweet ride.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Car Vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts