Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my 2012 Cayenne I would have the oil and filter changed every 10,000 miles. But in-between, at 5,000 miles I would siphon the oil out of the dip stick hole (just a plug, since the dipstick was replaced electronically), and replace with fresh oil. I now have a 2022 Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe and the dip stick is not obvious. Is it hidden under the cover? Any other way to siphon oil out?

Thanks...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, as originally a VW engine it has a vestigial dipstick tube, just no stick. I too bought one for my Cayenne, but my GTS 4.0 has nothing but a sensor, and in the future the Cayenne will have only that, if it even has an ICE.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, as originally a VW engine it has a vestigial dipstick tube, just no stick. I too bought one for my Cayenne, but my GTS 4.0 has nothing but a sensor, and in the future the Cayenne will have only that, if it even has an ICE.
Keep looking, a dipstick port is there. When I bought the dipstick, there were 4 different ones available for my model year, which coincides with 4 different engines available. And technically, its an Audi engine (yes owned by VW, but so is Porsche for now), same engine from the S4 - Supercharged 3.0 V6.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There must be a dipstick tube with a plug on top. Otherwise, how would they suck the oil out when they change oil at dealer services? To be sure, please stop by a Porsche Service and ask them to show you where it is. My 2013 Cayenne came without dipstick. I bought one for Audi 7 with identical engine. It fits perfectly and gives me accurate reading of oil level. By the way, I change the oil myself after removing the bottom panel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There must be a dipstick tube with a plug on top. Otherwise, how would they suck the oil out when they change oil at dealer services? To be sure, please stop by a Porsche Service and ask them to show you where it is. My 2013 Cayenne came without dipstick. I bought one for Audi 7 with identical engine. It fits perfectly and gives me accurate reading of oil level. By the way, I change the oil myself after removing the bottom panel.
In my years of experience, oil is drained from the drain plug and rarely sucked out the dipstick access. I know of no dealership that would suck oil from of the engine. I was doing it every 5,000 miles because it was clean and easy, knowing that at 10,000 miles it would be drained out the plug to remove any accumulated gunk at the bottom of the oil pan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts