Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
How often Porsche cayenne needs oil change and air filter change?. Thanks
Just bought a '13 Cayenne Diesel. The Mtce schedule says to change the oil every 10k miles. The dealership said that Porsche is concerned about the diesel fuel and that the oil should be changed every 5k miles. Hmmm ... thoughts?

·
Registered
116 Posts
My book says 10k for everything except diesel and hybrid. For those the car tells you when to change. Mine says to change @5k, which I assume is sorta like changing break-in oil. Unless my driving style changes, next one after that isn't until 20k. This of course assumes you'll use the proper C30 spec oil and a Porsche approved filter.

There is an issue with this engine in VWs (and probably Audis) that's somehow related to the DPF that potentially but gradually contaminates the engine oil with diesel fuel. Perhaps the Porsche ECU monitors the contamination until it reaches an unacceptable level, then tells you to change the oil

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was wrong. Car tells me to change oil every 5000 miles, or once yearly if I don't actually rack up 5000 in 12 months. But in actuality the change oil message comes 5000 miles after the most recent reminder reset. I changed mine at 11k vice 10k, and the next reminder was for 16k

1 - 9 of 9 Posts