Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have received this warning in the recent past -- always when the engine is idling at 500-600 rpm. Oil level is almost full. Suspect sensor is going bad. (And hope it's not the oil pump)

Anyone else with insight or experience into what I'm dealing with? I'll stop by the dealer early next week for some quick diagnostics.

Thanks!
Tom

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have received this warning in the recent past -- always when the engine is idling at 500-600 rpm. Oil level is almost full.
Tom
I believe the "recommended" idle is in the 700 rpm neighborhood. If your motor is idling between 500-600 you may not have enough oil pressure on the gauge. Check and top off your oil level so you know it's full, because "almost full" could mean it's not full enough. If you still get the warning, have your idle adjusted to between 700-800. Cheap easy fixes before you start replacing sensors, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2011 Porsche Cayenne says the oil is overfilled when I started the car but I have not added an oil to the car since my oil change 4 months ago. By reading this thread I suspect the monitor is off. Any other wisdom here? I don't think its an idle issue because like I said the warning light came on when I started the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts