Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Cayenne S and just completed my first oil change. I bought the Durametric cable and got it to work with a tablet from Amazon which I will share info on in another thread. My problem is there are two options to reset the oil reminder, both have the same title and seem to only reset it to 4k instead of 10k. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Turns out one is supposed to be for diesel but it does not clarify which. Also they (Durametric) said that I cannot reset until the reminder is activated or within xx number of miles. So since it is saying my oil does not need changed for 4000 miles I cannot reset it. (Just so happened it was at 4000 left when I tried to reset it, it did not actually reset it) same for the intermediate service, even though it reminds me it is due in 800 miles or so, I need to wait until it is actually. So all that means my service reminders are off by several months and several thousand miles and do me no good. When I am able to reset it to 10000 miles and 12 months that will be in 4-5 months, and will not be correct when I reset it. The only way to get them back on track is to not reset it when it says it is due, then when actually due a half year later change it and reset at that time. Seems ridiculous.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts