Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Base…have an issue if possible over heating. When cruising at 80-85 miles per hour, if I try to increase speed the AC starts blowing warm air and the temp rises close to 250. As soon as I slow down it comes back down to 200 and eventually AC blows cold again. Antifreeze seems to be at full level. Any ideas before I spend the $300 to diagnose with dealer.

· Administrator
185 Posts
It sounds like reduced cooling capacity. Do both radiator fans run when the AC is on? Might the radiator be blocked with things like debris that gets through the grille opening? Leaves, dirt, all sorts of things build up on the front of the AC condenser and radiator - it will impair cooling capacity. This should be attended to soon, or you should stop driving fast enough to trigger this. The coolant temperature gauge is "damped" meaning it stays reading 180-200F unless something really odd is happening in the cooling system. There is an excellent chance of overheating the engine if the temperature reaches 250F and causing damage (like a head gasket or cracked head.)

That's the ideas. You can look at your radiator through the grill with a flashlight. Usually if it gets badly gunked up the only way to clean it is to remove the bumper cover and manually clean and wash it. DO NOT use a high-pressure water spray on this - it will fold over the fins on the radiator and condenser, and push dirt back into the depths of the core of the radiator, where it will never come out.

Good luck, let us know what happens!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts