Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've started having a weird problem with my 04 Turbo, when I give it full throttle the cooling system over pressurizes and it blows coolant out the overflow, however I can give it half throttle and boost and nothing happens. I haven't gotten on it since I discovered this problem so I don't blow a headgasket or something (fingers crossed that it isn't the problem already) i'm almost positive that the water pump has not been done yet so i'm curious if its something to do with that or maybe the thermostat isn't opening fast enough?. any ideas would be helpful! I haven't taken it to the stealership yet because i'm concerned of the cost plus I prefer to work on it myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and I forgot to mention the oil and coolant are clean and its not using either in the last 2000 miles I've driven since this happend. And as long as I don't give it full throttle the cooling system is just fine and i check it regularly to make sure its not over pressurized, I did do a test a couple weeks back and gave it the beans and it did over pressurize again which i bled off immediately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
did you ever resolve this? I had a similar problem with my BMW...the root cause seemed to be a faulty/clogged overflow tank....curious to see if your problem was the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts