Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I've been looking into performance chips for my Cayenne, Some claim to add horsepower as well as 4-7 miles per gallon, I can't find anyone who has tried a performance chip, if anyone in the forum has is it fact or fiction and if it is fact which chip have you tried?:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, after installation did you actually have a difference in miles per gallon, or horsepower? in other words did it actually do anything ? I get mixed reviews on these chips so really don't know what to think. I love my car but it is a guzler.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, after installation did you actually have a difference in miles per gallon, or horsepower? in other words did it actually do anything ? I get mixed reviews on these chips so really don't know what to think. I love my car but it is a guzler.
I read your review very informative gas consumption is my main issue with my Cayenne it's not diesel so I wonder if that makes a difference using a chip?

·
Registered
116 Posts
After installing the Pro+Boost, my diesel exceeded the manufacturer estimate of up to 15% increase in fuel economy. That said, there are 9 selectable maps, fuel consumption varies between/among them. As for the gasoline model, their website indicates they only make a box for the 911 Turbo 3.6

·
Registered
25 Posts
Warlock
Good question, I was looking at then just last night. But would also like to here from someone that has it on a gas engine. They were selling something like that here in Florida a couple of years ago and if I recall right they got in trouble for miss representing them self's, it was someone local. Selling the add on. :confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
We are looking for someone that has tried them, do they work or not. Looking for feedback on if they work. I am sure we have read all the stuff pull on line, looking for first hand info. LOL :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the first thread I've found here on the forums discussing Performance Chip upgrade (ECU upgrade) options yet it hasn't been active since 2013.

I'm familiar with APR tunes for my Audi and I know APR has some offerings for early model Cayennes however, I'm having a hard time finding a "tune" from APR or any other MFG. for that matter for a 2016 Cayenne GTS. I'm hoping to locate a reputable engine and/or transmission software performance upgrade. I having a hard time believing there are not more options out there for a twin turbo V6 Porsche.

Any guidance is appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts