Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cayenne GTS, Soul Performance Cat-Deletes, GTA Apple Car Play Kit, BCForged EH175 on order.
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Anyone replace all their speakers in a 958.1 Bose Cayenne. It is difficult finding any forums or YouTube videos of speaker upgrades and I even have conflicting information about speaker sizes. From what I have found it appears the 2011-2014 Cayenne with the Bose System has the following.
Three dash speakers:
1- Center Dash Speaker 2 3/4"?
2- Side dash speakers. Conflicting information if they are 1" or 2 3/4" Speakers?
Driver & Passenger Doors:
1- 2 1/2 midrange speaker.
1- Conflicting information if 6 1/2 or 8" subwoofer in bottom door?
Rear Doors.
Three speakers in rear doors.
1- 1" tweeter
1- 2 3/4 midrange speaker.
1- Conflicting information if 6 1/2 or 8" subwoofer.
Rear Trunk
1- Conflicting information if some Cayennes have a 8" subwoofer under the spare tire.

Short of pull the doors off and physically inspecting, does anyone have experience replacing all their speakers???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Greetings,

Anyone replace all their speakers in a 958.1 Bose Cayenne. It is difficult finding any forums or YouTube videos of speaker upgrades and I even have conflicting information about speaker sizes. From what I have found it appears the 2011-2014 Cayenne with the Bose System has the following.
Three dash speakers:
1- Center Dash Speaker 2 3/4"?
2- Side dash speakers. Conflicting information if they are 1" or 2 3/4" Speakers?
Driver & Passenger Doors:
1- 2 1/2 midrange speaker.
1- Conflicting information if 6 1/2 or 8" subwoofer in bottom door?
Rear Doors.
Three speakers in rear doors.
1- 1" tweeter
1- 2 3/4 midrange speaker.
1- Conflicting information if 6 1/2 or 8" subwoofer.
Rear Trunk
1- Conflicting information if some Cayennes have a 8" subwoofer under the spare tire.

Short of pull the doors off and physically inspecting, does anyone have experience replacing all their speakers???
About the only method to partially answer your question is that you might log on to crutch field, go to car stereo, and enter your model. It will show you which speakers work for which location, except for the surround speakers in the rear c-pillar and cargo area. I have replaced a few of those, a d they were the same size, with 3 mounting tabs. In the case of Bose, its not so much the individual component, but a sum of their effort that makes the sound. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bose amplifiers had a pre-set eq to complement the small speakers. So, while I applaud your quest, Id hate for you to ruin a good thing by trying to make it something it can't be.
Honestly, having listened to quite a few factory stereos, I find the Bose with sub in my Cayenne quite amazing. I usually feed the beast with my iPod. DSP "on"
Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts